Discover Us In Detailed
India Namibia Friendship Association is non profit association incorporated under section 21. The purpose of the Association shall be to promote cultural, educational, recreational, social welfare, health and wellbeing, research, capacity building, science and technology ties between Namibia and India to strengthen the friendly relations between the two nations. The Association shall be civil, non-profit and non-political in nature and therefore refrain from engaging in any political or partisan activity. Keeping in view the above guidelines, it will cater for the needs of Namibian and Indian people.
- To promote bonds of friendship and cooperation between the people of India and Namibia.
- To perform social activities through action and engagement.
- To help the community people affected by natural disasters.
- To work with the local authorities, voluntary organisations, community organisations and inhabitants on issues of common interest.
- To work towards establishing a community centre for facilitating community resource center, media resources, museum, library and activity hub for youth, adults, etc. and managing and maintaining it in consonance with statutory authorities. The centre would be available for programs and ceremonies not only to the Indian community but also to others as decided and authorised by the executive committee.
- To exchange knowledge and ideas by participating in local and international events as a participant or speaker at such places as may be advisable with a view to achieving the purposes of the Association and disseminate the information to the members of the Association.
- To organise and run training courses, lectures, exhibitions, social events, classes, symposia, talks, workshops and conferences.
- To raise awareness of the Association and contributions of the Indian and Namibian community in the various media, in academic institutions, in business sectors, and in matters of public interest.
- To encourage and support special wellbeing programs and activities for children, youth, adults, women, and senior citizens.
- To undertake research in order to enable the Association to formulate appropriate strategies for resolving perceived challenges in achieving its purposes and mandate.
- To facilitate Indian community needs through cultural, social, economic and educational activities.
- To help members of the Association in times of personal difficulties.
- To liaise with Namibian Government and local bodies for the benefit of the members of Association and community.
- To provide information on cultural, educational, recreational, technological, health and wellbeing, and matters of interest to all members of the Association via electronic media.
- To provide Association members with an advisory service such as they may require within the scope of the mandate of the Association.
- Any other objects that may from time to time be established by the AGM.